Holy Angels Pre-School allocates each child and their family a key worker.We believe it is important for the child and their family to have a main point of contact within the Pre-school.
A key workers role is to support a child when they are away from their home, to give them consistent, continuous care that will foster confidence and positive self esteem and help the child feel safe and secure both emotionally and physically.
A key worker will:
- Share a child's Learning Diary with their parents
- Communicate regularly with the child's parents
- Answer any queries that a parent may have
- Offer re-assurance, informing the parent of their child's progress
- Ensure the families are provided with all the necessary information
A good working relationship between parents and carers depend on open and regular communication that acknowledges the contribution of both parties and works hard to avoid any competion.