We are very lucky to have a member of our team who has trained as a Thrive mentor. Kirsty Batten completed her Thrive training in May 2013.
Thrive is a programme which focuses on a child’s emotional development.
We use many aspects of Thrive in our daily routine.
We use it to:
- increase a child’s self esteem
- support a child to recognise, name and think about their emotions
- give a child choice and control of their behaviour
- increase a child’s emotional capacity for learning
- provide a child with strategies to cope with difficult emotions
We focus on 3 development strands:
- Being Special
- Having needs met
- Explore safely
- Experience doing
- Learn options
- Think about feelings
- Learn cause and effect
- Express a view
We also offer tailored plans for individual children who are experiencing different challenges either at Pre-school or at home and parenting courses for parents who may need support a little extra support.