Creativity is fundamental to successful learning.
Being creative enables children to make connections between one area of learning and another and so extend their understanding.
This area of learning includes art, music, dance, role play, and imaginative play.
We aim to do this by:
- Modelling, encouraging and praising children’s creative work.
- Provide a wide range of creative opportunities, i.e. glue, paint, gloop, chalk crayons, string painting, candle painting, finger painting, collage materials, junk modelling etc.
- Allowing and encouraging children to be independent, to explore, make choices and use self expression.
- Ensure that the children have time to finish their work.
- Provide plenty of opportunities for children to explore music, musical instruments and movement.
- Provide other creative opportunities such as cooking, gardening, role play.
- Ensure all children have opportunities to explore